Thursday, February 14, 2008

Taking a moment to enjoy the view

This morning has been the first time I have been able to just sit down in a week. Obviously understanding my tuckered-outness, Mother Nature has graced me with a beautiful morning. Out my kitchen window I can see Fisherpeak. Beautiful on any day, today it looks particularly mysterious and pretty with a shroud of translucent fog softening it's sharpest edges. As if this wasn't a compelling enough backdrop to my morning cuppa, there is a couple of deer hanging out in the front yard taking in the sights with me as the cars wizz by. To top it all off, my children are actually quiet! To think, even I can a achieve a moment of peace!!

3 comments:

Mrs.Q said...

Dude! Sounds just lovely. Glad you were able to enjoy it.

Rebecca said...

blessed moments of peace...this weekend has been rather dreary, gray and cold, but the first chance to catch a breath in a bit. Sounds like a lovely respite...

Mrs.Q said...

I think I may have woken them up upstairs laughing at your comments. You're awesome. You must get it from your fabulous oldest sister. Love ya!

(But believe me, the yarn would be a LOT more than $30! They're kind of like Lays chips - you can't stop at just one!)