Thursday, February 07, 2008

On the Horizon

I am ridiculously tired, sore, and in need of a vacation. I feel like the moment I finish any task there is a bigger one looming before me. I am working far more than 40 hours a week, homeschooling four kids, and still volunteering time for our church. I should really be having a nervous breakdown by now, shouldn't I?

Yet, I have this feeling of anticipation in my toes that keeps me moving. Every day the build-up of things to do get easier to manage. There isn't less to do, I am just getting better at juggling. I can't and won't keep this pace for long, but I don't think I'll have to. Like shadows in a fog, the next opportunities are beginning to take shape. The excitment of watching them become more clearly defined makes the insanity of the pace I am keeping, not only bearable, but exciting!

To quote Suess, "And when things start to happen, don't worry, don't stew.
Just go right along. You"ll start happening too!"

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

and you didn't even mention socks _ you must be tired and ready for a vacation! wish we could do more than 24 hrs - but it's something anyway.

Anie said...

sounds like you have a good head about you there, Ms Marriott. I am in one of those sicky-slogs and messy house thing is starting show! your words give me boost on this day!