Sunday, June 21, 2009

Late night, much laughing

I wasn't sure what to think of this whole grad reunion idea. Does it make me feel old, or has it come too quick? Do I really want to see the pockets of people who were rather unpleasant in high school? Then there is the part where I never left Cranbrook. Anyone who has grown up in Cranbrook knows there is an expectation all through school that you will get out even if you end up coming back.

Well, who cares!? Not one person (whose opinion matters anyway). It was great to see faces of people I genuinely liked but just didn't stay in touch with. Which was a large number of faces considering how easy it is to lose touch when you go from high school graduate to housewife in a matter of days. There were a couple of people I was really grateful to reconnect with. There was even some fence mending going on.

I will say, it was very odd to overhear conversations like, "how are the kids?." My brain kept doing a double take. What do you mean "how are the kids", we are the kids! Funny how I can be married ten years with four of my own and still not be used to the idea that we are all edging towards thirty.

All in all, a wonderful evening with lots of hugging and laughing and philosophical discussion (I did bring Alex with me after all). Glad I went.

No comments: