Wednesday, December 05, 2007

A deep breath

As I was sliding down the street to home this morning I was excited to see the snow melted from around my yard and learn that no more of it had entered my house. Yay!

We are decorating today. Scented candles, a rosemary mini-tree and pots of freezer soup simmering in the crockpot and on the stove has made my kitchen smell tremendously welcoming. Today I am going to unpack a few boxes, bake some cookies, sort and tidy, and enjoy my children.

Today I am going to finish recovering from the rest of the week and put up more pictures so I will have reminders of why a job, a duvet, and a basement aren't what give my life meaning. Maybe those reminders will help curb the incredible whining I am capable of next time there is a glitch in my plans. Today I am going to take a deep breath and a chill pill.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So I guess this means we get the big tree! we will have to find a night for you guys to come for dinner and decorate.

Anonymous said...

ps - the wine helped?

Sarah, Grand-Dutchess of Serendipity said...

The wine was good...helpful i am not so sure of, but is WAS GOOD.