Sunday, October 07, 2007

Good ol' Gratitude

Ok , so it's cliche. But I can't help it this time. Alex and I just came back from a conference that really altered our perspective. I am genuinely exited about how unbelievably cool my life is. So here it is. My list of gratitude. It is a mix of deep and very very shallow.

I am thankful for:

*My unbelievable children, who, on more than one occasion, have been my reason for getting out of bed in the morning.
*My husband and his incredible character. How did I end up with that guy?
*Big windows for all the light to shine in.
*Baked brie and garlic. Need I say more?
*Accountability and the people to share it with.
*Good food and good music. mmmmmm
*3am tea
*Skinned knees
*The entire Dalton/Sharp/Marriott clan with all it's many quirks. I'm am glad to have known some that have moved on and all that chose not to.
*My very hip bathroom.
*KCF and the tenacity of friendships conceived there.
*My God, his son, and the ability to move on from my mistakes.

There is so much more, but there are turkeys to cook and potatoes to mash.
Happy Thanksgiving everyone! Especially Erin and Ferd! We miss you and are thinking of you!

1 comment:

Mrs.Q said...

Didn't you know? Infant wookies are called "sprouts" and their fur is very short and coarse, for protection. Also, their natural predators, the eye-sucking marmots, are allergic to carrots, so baby wookie eyes look like the veggies in question to preserve their eyeballs.

Love you!